Throughout the ages, we have developed a multitude of interesting pastimes. Some involve complex rules, intricate pieces, and designer boards, while others enjoy the company of cards. Any game played with cards on a tabletop with cards is called solitaire. There are many versions of Solitaire; one of them is the Spider Solitaire.
Spider Solitaire Card Game
Cards have always been a favorite pastime activity. They have been a form of entertainment for people of all ages. Whether you are relaxing alone at home on a rainy day or are in the mood for some friendly competition, just pick up a deck of cards, and you are good to go. Some people also prefer keeping the prize money. Casinos have become a popular place where all sorts of card games are played. The winners can take home huge sums of money if they play the game strategically.
Card games are not only a form of entertainment, but can also improve your cognitive skills, such as critical thinking and creative thinking. The game entails you to make strategies and play skillfully. When you are faced with a block, with no moves left, you must find out where you went wrong. This calls for using your problem identification and problem-solving skills.
It is common knowledge that the more time you invest in something, the better you get at it. The same applies to card games. The more time you spend on these games, the sharper your mind gets. Not only are you able to apply strategies to games, but also in real-life situations as well.
Spider Solitaire – All there is to know about the game
What is it?
The Spider Solitaire is a card game that has become popular since the time Microsoft Windows brought it to our PCs. There are plenty of apps and websites available for all versions of PC operating systems and mobile phones as well to spider solitaire play online.
Even though the most common version of the game is Spider Solitaire, there are hundreds of other versions, like Crescent Solitaire, FreeCell, etc. The game difficulty ranges from very easy to very difficult, depending on the suits you use (one, two or four).
In spider solitaire 1 suit, you can draw a single card. And in spider solitaire 2 suits, you can draw 2 cards at one time. In spider solitaire 3 suits and spider solitaire 4 suits, you draw 3 and 4 cards, respectively. You can also play with single-colored cards. The game can be played with 52 cards or 104 cards.
The goal of the game
The aim of the play free solitaire card game is to get all sets (four) of 13 cards into a pile at the top. Each pile should start with an Ace then moving in ascending order up to the King. The game is won only when all the 13 suits are complete.
When it comes to any game, without knowing the rules, you cannot hope to win the game. The game may look different from other card games, but it is quite an easy game to play, once you get a hold of it. Below are the rules of the game:
- There are three main areas in a Solitaire Game: the deck, the foundation (empty slots), and the tableau (from where you will select and move cards).
- The deck will show a new card every time you click on it. You can move the cards to the tableau or the foundation.
- The foundation will have 8 empty slots, which must be filled with 8 sets of cards.
- The tableau will have 8 revealed cards under some hidden cards. As you move the last revealed card to another place, the hidden card will reveal itself.
- If you are playing an online game, you should also keep an eye on the timer and the scoreboard.
- You can select one card at a time and move them around.
- Any card can only be moved under another card of immediate higher value. For example, a card number 5 can only be placed under a 6.
- If you are playing single-colored Solitaire, then black cards can be moved under black cards. However, if you are playing with 2 colors, black colored cards can only be placed under red-colored cards and vice versa. This makes the gameplay even more difficult.
More Strict Rules
- As you get more comfortable with the game, you can increase the number of cards from 52 (one set) to 104 (double set).
- The objective of the game is to place all cards in ascending order from Ace to finally the King, on the foundation, or the empty slots. Only the cards belonging to the same group can be placed together.
- As you move the cards from the tableau, you will get closer to the unrevealed cards. Once you have moved the last of the revealed card, the unrevealed card will show itself.
- You should move all the cards in each slot to get an empty slot. Here, you can place only the Kings.
- When there are no cards that can be moved, draw another card from the deck.
- In some versions of the game, when you click on the deck, new cards are revealed. These cards are added directly to the bottom of each slot on the tableau. In such cases, the cards may not necessarily be of a lower value than the one before them. It increases the difficulty of the game.
How to play
Now that you know all the rules, here is how to play the game.
- When you begin the game, you will see an empty foundation, 8 revealed cards in the tableau, and one card next to the deck.
- You have to find out if any of the cards can be moved.
- When you find an ace, move it to the empty foundation slot. As and when you find a card of a higher number belonging to the same group, keep adding on top of it.
The difficulty of the game is increased when a scoring system is introduced. Here is how it works:
- The game usually begins with a set score given on the scoreboard.
- Each time you make a move, some points are deducted from the board.
- This indicates that you must make as few moves as possible to complete the game
- When you complete each slot, you will be allotted more points.
- Some games also come with an undo option. This may reveal a new card to you, but it counts as one step or move. Thus, deducting points from your scoreboard.
- One way to beat the system is by playing more games. The more you play, the easier the games get. It will take you much less time and moves to complete the game as you play more.
- Some solitaire games have different scoring systems, and instead of deducting points for moves, they award points for correct placements.
Strategy to Win
The aim of the game is to get all the cards arranged on the foundation. For this, your target should be to reveal all the lower value cards.
You should also make sure to make as few moves as possible to get the highest score.
Spider Solitaire Pro
The world had come a long way from the times when card games were played by hand. Now you can play card games like spider solitaire online.
SpiderSolitairePro.com is a website for those who simply cannot get enough of the game. The website offers two versions of the game: Normal and Easy mode.
The easy mode displays only one card at a time from the suit, whereas the Normal mode displays three cards at a time, making it more difficult.
How does the Website work?
As you enter the site, you will be shown a screen with two options for the gameplay.
When you select the Easy mode, you will be directed to another page. This page will look like:
The screen has a deck of cards at the top left. When you click on it, a card will be revealed to you. There is no sequence in which the cards will appear: they are random.
As you move one card from the tableau, a new card will be revealed to you.
At the bottom of the screen, you can see there are three empty slots, one filled with an Ace of Diamonds card. You have to fill all the slots with 4 sets, starting with Ace and moving up to King.
The top right of the screen displays 5 red boxes with different signs.
- The first is to change the screen into a full-screen display.
- With the second icon, you can restart the game. If, at any point in the game, you feel that you cannot continue, or you have reached your last stroke, use this button to start the game again. This will start the timer from Zero, and decrease your score as well.
- The third icon, denoted by a Question Mark, is the button for help. If you feel you cannot understand the gameplay, click on the icon to get some help.
- The fourth button is the music on and off button. With this, you can play with soft music running in the background or turn it off to play in silence. Also, when you move each card, there is a sound that is played.
Features: Play Free Spider Solitaire Pro
- Layout: The game comes in two layouts: Normal mode and Easy mode. In the normal mode, the game is paid with 3 cards on the deck. So, each time you click on the deck, a total of 3 cards is revealed. In the easy mode, you play with a single card.
- Interface: The game has a smooth interface. When you move each card from one place, it feels like the cards are gliding. The website is made in such a way that it can be played in any browser. When you click on the deck, a rapid movement displays the new card.
- Options: This website provides 5 options: Music on and off, a help button, full-screen option, restart the game and end the game. There is a timer at the top of the screen, next to which the scores are displayed.
- Theme: Till now, the game comes in only one theme, a purple screen with red-colored cards.
- Scoring: The scoring depends on two factors: time and moves. The fewer moves you make, the higher the score you will get. You should also keep an eye on the timer. Less time taken to complete the game will give you more points. When you begin the game, you are given 15 points to start with.
What makes it different from other games?
There are many ways in which Spider Solitaire can be played. This game has different gameplay. Here, you get a timer to score you. After each minute, 8 points are deducted. This means you will have to complete the game in as little time as possible. With every move you make, you are awarded a +5 point.
The scoring of free online Spider Solitaire Pro also differs from other games. In other games, points are deducted from the total score every time you move a card. But in this game, you are given extra points.
This website offers two versions of the game: spider solitaire two suits and 1 suit.
Spider Solitaire Pro is a smooth and easy game to play, is suitable for people above the ages of 10. In this game, when you click on a deck, you have revealed only one card or 3 cards. In some other versions of the game, when you click on the deck, new cards are added at the bottom of every card on the tableau.
SpiderSolitairePro is an online game. Unlike many other games, this is a free spider solitaire game available online.